Australian Historical societies may seek membership of the FAHS member societies – the State and Territory Peak Historical Societies. These are the Royal Australian Historical Society, the Royal Western Australian Historical Society; the Historical Society of the Northern Territory; Canberra and District Historical Society; the History Trust of South Australia; the Royal Historical Society of Queensland and the Tasmanian Historical Research Association.
Historical Societies and organisations focused on Australian History, which are not formally affiliated with one of the FAHS member societies can apply for Associate Membership of the FAHS. Societies will be eligible for benefits similar to those received by the FAHS member societies, including:
- representation by the FAHS in appropriate network, advocacy liaison activities upon request
- receipt of FAHS Newsletter and e-Bulletin
- information about history and heritage opportunities
- inclusion of news and information about a society’s events and achievements
- society representation on the FAHS website
Associate members may be represented at the Annual General Meeting of the Federation, at their own cost, but will not be eligible to vote.
The fee for associate membership is $30 per annum.
Contact the executive officer on email@example.com